14 Best Email Testing Tools to Ensure Maximum Email Deliverability
Given the efficiency of email marketing, you’ve probably sent out a lot of email campaigns. But there is a strong possibility that, despite your best efforts, your emails aren’t making it to your recipients’ inboxes!
Don’t be disheartened, my friend. You aren’t alone in this! In fact, 16% of emails never make it to the inbox!
Although it may appear unavoidable, email testing tools can be useful in resolving your email deliverability issues. However, choosing an email testing tool isn’t an easy task.
Don’t worry; we’ve done the homework for you! This article has compiled a list of the best email testing tools.
We’ll get to the best email testing in a bit but before that, let’s understand what email testing tools are and which features you should look for in your email testing tool.
What is an email testing tool?
Writing an email isn’t easy. While composing one, you need to ensure various factors to optimize it for maximum revenue.
However, many easily avoidable factors and issues, like simple typos in the recipient’s email address, can stop your transactional or marketing emails from reaching your recipient’s inbox. There also can be many other serious issues that can turn your email marketing campaign fruitless. Email testing tools will come in handy in this regard.
Email testing tools let you test your emails, including the design and layout of them across various devices, providers, and operating systems, before you send your intended email. These tools basically show and resolve the issues that make your emails unreachable to your recipients.
Must have features of email testing tools
Numerous email testing tools are available, each with its own set of features. However, in most cases, you may find that most of these features need to be more varied or manageable. It is essential to have a clear understanding of your needs and the vital functions of an email testing tool.
Before choosing one, you must look for multiple things in an email testing tool. Depending on your email needs, you may need more than one of these features:
- The email testing tool must work with popular email service providers (like Gmail, Outlook, AOL, iCloud, etc.), including the ones you use for your business
- The tool should let you preview your email’s design and layout before sending it
- The ability to measure the sender score is important as you might need to look at the likeliness of you making it to your audience’s inbox
- The email testing tool you’re using should get your email through the most common spam filters so it can avoid ending up in the spam folder
- The tool should be able to perform HTML validation
- The email testing tool you chose should be able to flag and alert you of any potential defect your email has so you can fix it before sending it
- The tool should have an integrated subject line tester, as it is the first thing that appears in an email body
14 best email testing tools(free and paid)
Email testing tools help you achieve maximum reachability to your target customer in multiple ways. Some email testing tools are free, and most paid services offer free trials. The email testing tools listed below are the ones that stood our test of being the most helpful email testing tools among existing ones.
|Tool||Features||Free Trial?||Price Starts|
|Mail-tester||No||€50 for 500 emails|
|Email on Acid||No||$74/mo|
|Preview My Email||No||$25/mo|
|NeverBounce||No||10000 emails for $0.008/email|
If we had to pick just one from all the email testing tools available in the market, Litmus has to be the strongest contender.
Litmus lets you preview your email campaigns in all the popular email clients. You get previews from 100+ popular email clients.
Litmus’ email marketing solution lets your team comment, collaborate, and consolidate feedback in one central location. You can also automate QA tests which optimize your email for opens and conversions.
- Integration with all the popular email service providers
- Preview and test emails before sending
- Advanced collaboration features
- Spam testing
- Chrome extension
- Dark mode support
- Accessibility features for subscribers of all abilities
- 7-day free trial
- Basic starts at $99/month
- Plus starts at $199/per month
- Enterprise has a customizable price
Mail-tester will generate a random email address each time their port is accessed. After you send a message to this email address and they receive it, Mail-tester will give you your spam score.
Mail-tester will analyze your message, mail server, and sending IP and show you a detailed report of what’s configured properly and what’s not. If you send a new message to the same testing address, your previous test will be immediately deleted and replaced by the new one.
- Email verification
- Spam score tester
- iframe and a JSON API integration
- SPF and DKIM key check
- 500 email tests for 50 €
- 1000 email tests for 80 €
- 5000 email tests for 250 €
GlockApps is an email deliverability and spam tester that lets you test multiple failure factors before sending the final email. Its email deliverability tests let you check your email deliverability and get a report of any potential issues.
You can also monitor your domain and send IPs against 50+ industry blacklists with a blacklist monitor. Moreover, DMARC Analyzer detects and prevents spoofing & phishing attacks from your domain. Its template editor can identify “risky” content and fix HTML errors to improve your email deliverability.
GlockApps can also run automatic tests and notify you if your email goes to spam. Finally, you can get notified if any deliverability issues occur via Email, Slack, or Telegram.
- Email deliverability tests
- Backlist monitor
- DMARC analyzer
- Template editor
- Spam alert and deliverability notification
- Free spam tests with limitation
- 14-day free DMARC analytics trial
- Basic starts from $39/month
- The business plan starts from $99/per month
- The custom plan starts from $199/per month
Stripo is an email designing platform that offers drag-and-drop and HTML template builders. It’s an intuitive and simple yet flexible email template creator. It lets users create real-time content without any coding skills.
Stripo enables you to reuse and save email modules across different email campaigns. It comes with automated processes and custom module libraries. It also provides 1000+ free, mobile-optimized email templates and 1,00,000 stock images.
It can test and export emails to any email service provider. It offers pre-built modules and automated email replacement. Along with an HTML editor, it offers a CSS editor too.
- Pre-built modules
- Automatic email replacement
- Bulk editing and export
- Easy translation process
- Lifetime free version with limitations
- Basic goes for $150/year
- Medium goes for $450/year
- Pro goes for $950/year
ClearOut is an email finder and verification tool which promises near-perfect accuracy and repetitive tests in order to achieve that. It improves the outcome of your sales and marketing efforts by simplifying how you discover and reach the ideal audience via emails.
ClearOut verifies email in 3 main ways:
- Bulk validation
- Quick validation
- Real-time validation
- Syntax validation
- Disposable email detection
- Gibberish check
- Domain check
- Risk verification
- Duplication removal
- Catch-all type addresses identification
- Pay-as-you-go pricing:
- $21 for 3,000 credits
- $58 for 10,000 credits
- $350 for 100,000 credits
- Monthly pricing:
- 5,000 credits- $31.5/ month
- 10,000 credits- $52.2/ month
- 50,000 credits- $261/ month
MailReach is a warm-up email service that fights against emails hitting the spam folder. Its basic plan lets you warm up 1 to 5 email addresses while providing additional features for email deliverability improvement.
MailReachs’ user experience is top-notch, with easy and quick registration and account connection. It also gives you a detailed explanation of what to expect from the warm-up.
It also offers a detailed dashboard with an illustrated graph of the performance of the email warm-up. It lets you see the total emails sent, received, and removed from spam.
- Email deliverability score
- Email warm-up
- Email filtering based on email provider
- Network of 15,000+ real human inboxes
- Email reputation monitoring
- Spam checker
- Dedicated support team
- Starter: $25 per email account/month
- Scale: $19.5 per email account/month
- Contact company for 101+ account
SendForensics is one of the most comprehensive email deliverability testing tools available. It checks your sender score, email content, spam filter check, and several other relevant parameters to evaluate your email’s deliverability.
It evaluates your campaigns in real time and compares the performance of your campaigns to industry benchmarks. Its unique feature is the ability to set deliverability alerts to track your email performance and maintain your sender reputation.
- DMARC monitoring
- SPF or DKIM issues resolving
- Email phishing prevention
- Spam analyzer
- Blacklist checker
- Inbox placement
- Client previews
- Brand: $39/month
- Company: $63/month
- Agency: $159/month
MailTrap is an email sandbox service that creates fake SMTP servers to catch and test emails, view them in mock inboxes, and fix them before they are sent to actual recipients.
It can automate test flows and scenarios with a flexible API. This reliable email API lets you reach recipients’ inboxes with ease. Their hassle-free domain setup leaves you tension free.
You also can analyze email content for spam scores and validate HTML/CSS with Mailtrap. Check SPF and DKIM, which causes DMARC issues. MailTrap offers SMTP Service, API/SDK, automatic DKIM rotation, auto warm-up, custom variables & headers, and its core features.
- Bcc testing
- Spam testing
- Access to Mailtrap’s flexible API
- Detailed information about email headers
- Safe email testing with a fake SMTP server
- Team: $24.99/month
- Business: $49.99/month
- Premium: $99.99/month
- Enterprise: $299.99/month
Email on Acid
Email on Acid previews your emails on live clients, not emulations. It lets you see how your message will look in the recipient’s inbox on mobile, desktop, and tablet. By testing every email, you preserve your reputation.
It’s an easy email testing tool with UTM validation, accessibility, and GIF checking. Email on acid ensures your brand’s reputation is lifted with accessibility checks, URL validation, blacklist verifications, and more.
It offers team collaboration features like comment access on email previews and unlimited previews on the most popular clients and devices.
- Spam and deliverability check
- Dark mode optimization
- Show recipients read, skim, and delete times
- Extended email analytic features
- Content checker, which checks images, links, and texts
- Comment access on email previews
- Advance accessibility features
Email on acid pricing:
- Basics start at $74/month
- Premium starts at $139/month
- Professional starts at $449/month
- Enterprise has custom pricing.
Preview My Email
Preview my email is an email preview tool that primarily lets you preview your emails before sending them. It offers specific features for marketers, developers, and designers covering a vast area of email testing.
With this, you can test your emails via copy-pasting your email content directly to your account. They let you connect their API with your application and submit tests directly via API calls.
You can track your recipient’s activities, such as email opens, open durations in seconds, geo-locations, email clients being used, or whether the email is printed or forwarded to a friend.
- Unlimited number of email previews before sending
- Direct HTML upload
- Test emails by forwarding them to a specially generated email address
- API integration
- Inbox and spam test
- Standard plan: $25/month
- Business plan: $45/month
- Professional plan: $160/month
- Enterprise plan: $399/month
With a user base of over 125,000, Neverbounce is known for its real-time email verification and email cleaning services. It offers bulk email list cleaning, real-time email verification, and automated list cleaning.
In addition, they offer consistent customer service and availability. Verify and clean email lists for the perfect send. Upload any sized list or connect to over 85 integrations.
You upload your existing email list, and NeverBounce cleans your email list and lets you download your new, cleaned list.
- Instant Bounce Analysis
- Analysis report on emails of any size
- Single email test or bulk list test
- API Access
- Real-time email verification
- Customer service
- Pay-as-you-go plan:
- Up to 10000 emails for $0.008 per email
- Up to 100,000 emails for $0.005 per email
- Up to 250,000 emails for $0.004 per email
- Up to 1,000,000 emails for $0.003 per email
- Enterprise plan: Contact the company
One of the most critical elements in an email is the subject line. So, you need a subject line tester. It captures attention and urges subscribers to open your email.
Spam filters initially use subject lines to decide whether it’s a spammy email. So, a lot of things depend on those few words. TestSubject can test how your sender name and subject line appear on different mobile devices and email clients. It also lets you preview your preheader text.
It can show you how your sender name, subject line, and preheader text will appear on different mobile devices and Operating systems.
- Subject line viewer across devices and clients
- Preview preheader text
- Sender name viewer on different mobile devices and email clients.
TestSubject pricing: Free
Your Sender Score is a credit score to judge the worthiness of your emails. It measures the health of your email program. Sender Score will assign you a number between 0 and 100 to identify your sender reputation and detail how mailbox providers view your IP address.
Mailbox providers consider many metrics to determine your sender reputation, including spam complaints, how many unknown users you send emails to if you’re on any industry blacklists, and more.
Sender Score pricing: Free
CoSchedule is a headline studio that lets you write better headlines and helps you boost your traffic. With CoSchedule, you get guaranteed delivery to an audience who opted-in.
Drive more conversion and get a high return on investment. CoSchedule’s marketing Suite empowers teams to streamline processes, improve communication, & produce more quality work. CoSchedule guarantees delivery for your email so you can drive more conversion, increasing your return on investment to the maximum.
- Headlines scoring based on proven data
- Improve headlines with smart suggestions
- Find high-scoring words instantly
CoSchedule pricing: Free
In this article, we tried to convey our thoughts on how impactful email testing tools can be and pick the best ones for you. We hope this helped you understand the importance of email testing tools and choose the best one for yourself.
Think we missed something and need to add it? Leave your opinion in the comment section below!
Hey! This seems like a pretty good review, Thanks for that.
I think it would be more useful to me and a lot of people as an embedded AirTable, or some other interactive data tool that doesn’t require trying to remember all the data, or program a web scraper. It should be easy to search for which products do X, have a free trial, and cost under $Y per month? Or at least sort by price. Even an interactive form would good, input your contact count, and sort by price and/or reviews (link to G2 API or similar).
Thanks for your insights Ken! We’ve added a table which summarizes all the important factors about each tools e.g. prices, features. Hope it’ll be easier for you and the people alike to navigate through the important information swiftly.