Creating a new Email Template #
From Emails ➜ Email Templates you can create a template that can be used later around the FluentCRM. The available settings options for Email templates are:
- Template Title: The Title, as an identifier for later use for the Template.
- Email Subject: The Email Subject that is shown as a subject or topic in the recipient’s email clients.
- Email Pre-Header: An Additional short subject that is shown as a small subject line beside the primary subject.
- Save Template: Button to save the template.
Sending a Test Email from Email Templates #
To send a test email from Email Templates, please click on the Send a test email button from the top right corner of the Email Templates Settings section as shown in the below screenshot and then input the email address where you want to receive the test email and click on the Send button.
Once the email is sent successfully you will see a Success Message saying the Test email is sent successfully. on the top right corner.
Importing Email Templates into FluentCRM #
To import a predesigned email template from any other sources,
- Go to Emails -> Email Templates and Create a new Email Template. The RAW HTML template type needs to be selected.
- Upload the relevant images to the WordPress website and keep note of the media URLs.
- Open the HTML template with any text editor and update the image URLs.
- Copy the updated code and paste it into the FluentCRM RAW HTML template as the source.
- *** DO NOT CHANGE THE RAW HTML TEMPLATE TYPE ***.
- Now Preview by clicking on the Eye icon and see if the template looks promising.
- Now Save the template and you can now also send a test email to your email address to see how it looks practically.
That’s all about the Email Template. Now use the Email Template from other places in the FluentCRM without recreating the whole template again.